Monday, June 20, 2011

The End Of Parenting

I have just had a moment with my daughter, that we haven't had in a while.  Mummy reached her limit.

We had tears, we had yelling, we had door slamming.... and that was just me.

Now that I have cooled down, I remember the last time we had a meltdown at each other, and I had reached my limit.  I don't remember over what.  My point is... I had reached my limit, and then.... moved on.  As I will do this time, and many many others to come no doubt.
I'm starting to suspect that being a mummy means infinite limits, and when they are reached, there always seems to be that little bit more you can fall back on.  That underlying reserve of subconcious limits that don't seem to be there till you need them.  Then when the meltdown moment passes, you realise that maybe your limit wasn't reached after all, and life moves on.

One day in the faraway future, I suspect my daughter will be feeling the same thing towards her daughter if she has one.

Is there anyone else out there who has experienced the same thing, or is it just me??

No comments:

Post a Comment